315 West 39th Street, Suite 508,
New York, New York 10018
Our history is our future...be a part of it!
Presents a new exhibition:
ABSTRACT: THE SPACE BETWEEN
A juried online abstract art exhibition
June 1 – August 3, 2018
This is an Online Exhibition Only open to ALL NAWA members (Current-Regular, Associates, and Students) and also Non-Members
What is Abstract Art?
It is art that does not attempt to represent external reality, but seeks to achieve its effect using, shapes, forms, colors and textures.
“Abstract art may be gestural, geometric, fluid, or figurative (implying things that are not visual such as emotion, sound, or spirituality.” Quote taken from -Origins of Abstract Art by Beth Gersh-Nesic.
This is an open call juried online exhibition, for all abstract artists. This is ideal for artists doing large artworks – no crating or shipping of large works because it’s ONLINE ONLY.
One award winner will be selected and featured on www.nawaonlinegallery.org with her own page. This page will include bio, artist statement, several images of her work and links to her website. www.thenawa.org will have links to this exhibition on the home page.
• Exhibition is open to all NAWA members and also non-members (women artists 18+)
• The theme of this exhibition is abstract art.
• Graphic violence and/or lewd sexual content prohibited.
• Entry fee for this exhibition is through: www.showsubmit.com (you will have to create a new login and password for this new online application company).
• $40 fee for NAWA members and $50 fee for non-members for 2 entries. Non-refundable fees are payable by credit card/ PayPal through www.showsubmit.com All entries must be paid by the entry deadline.
• You will receive a confirmation from www.showsubmit.com for your accepted entry.
• In the event of a sale: Artist: 70% NAWA: 30% Artist will have to make arrangements with buyer for all
shipping expenses of sold art work. Price of entered work cannot be changed once entry is received.
• Accepted works cannot be substituted and must be available for the duration of the exhibition.
• Invitations, press releases, email blasts to our mailing list, promotional materials and advertising will be handled by the National Association of Women Artists, Inc. (NAWA).
Direct Link for entry:
May 5, 2018: Online submission entry deadline. Online entry application submission will close when the deadline is reached. The competition is automatically closed for submissions in the www.showsubmit.com program.
May 11, 2018: Notification of accepted artists listed on www.NAWAonlinegallery.org. www.thenawa.org
and will be posted on NAWA’s Facebook page (www.facebook.com/theNAWA). An eblast will be sent out to NAWA members.
June 1, 2018: Exhibition debuts online
After the exhibition ends on August 3, 2018, the exhibition will be archived online for an extended period of time. After August 3, 2018, artists are free to sell their works through other venues.
NOTE: Accepted Artists will be listed on the NAWA Facebook page: (www.facebook.com/theNAWA), on www.NAWAonlinegallery.org and www.thenawa.org . An eblast will be sent to all members.
• For best results, make sure your image is 1920 pixels @72 DPI on the longest side. Image should be in JPEG format.
• Please do not photograph your work in frames or distracting backgrounds! ENTRY AGREEMENT:
• The entry application and payment will serve as the entrant’s agreement to all conditions (including the Waiver) set forth in this prospectus. Entries will be disqualified for failure to follow these instructions.
• Submitting works of art is no guarantee that the applicant will be accepted into this exhibition.
• NAWA is not responsible for Copyright protection for images submitted to this exhibition. Copyright protection of images is the responsibility of the artist.
The full prospectus is available for download on the www.showsubmit.com site along with the entry process.